Monday, September 13, 2010

Let's Go Bananas!

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0141 . . . OPEN:


If you like bananas, you are probably more than a little familiar with those blue oval stickers appearing on bunches of Chiquita bananas. Not on every banana in the bunch, but at least one banana in every bunch is adorned with the blue sticker bearing the Chiquita logo.

Well, not long ago, I was at the supermarket, and I decided to pick up some bananas. I was looking for a small bunch -- no more than three or four -- because if I buy any more than that at any one time, some of them are likely to go bad before I eat them.

As I made my selection, I glanced at the sticker, and something caught my eye. The sticker had the Chiquita brand name, but it didn't have the lady banana wearing the hat full of fruit. Instead, there was a brief message on the sticker.

I took a closer look at the rest of the display, and I noticed that the stickers were (if you'll pardon the pun) a mixed bunch. Some of them did carry the picture logo, while others contained brief messages. (Considering the size of the sticker, they had to be brief.) And most of the messages seemed to be something close to what you might find in a fortune cookie.

I've picked up a few different stickers, but most of them seem to have gone into hiding. At the moment, all I can find is this one:

"Peel Me -- I'm Fat Free!"

I'm sure the others will resurface sooner or later. And, I suppose I can always go back to Kroger to buy more bananas.

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0141 . . . CLOSE

No comments: