Saturday, July 21, 2012

Soaring With Daffy

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0205 . . . OPEN:


I was in a store yesterday when I heard one of those things that just stick in your mind.  It was a quote that I found quite memorable, and definitely something that falls into what I have dubbed "fortune cookie philosophy."  I happened to overhear one of the staff saying this:

"It's hard to be a peacock when your co-worker is Daffy Duck."

I actually asked her to repeat what she had said, just so I could be completely certain that I had heard what I thought I heard.  Yes, I had heard what I thought I heard, and it was just as funny the second time.

I've heard the sentiment before, though expressed in a slightly different form:  "It's hard to soar with eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys."  But you have to admit, saying it this way is so much more memorable.

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0205 . . .CLOSE

No comments: