Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Fortune Next Door

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0032 . . . OPEN:


Last time, I mentioned finding a fortune at work that more than likely came from Oriental House, the Chinese restaurant next door. I received a couple of glowing endorsements from some of my co-workers, so I decided to give them a try.

The first time, I tried their moo goo gai pan lunch special. The food was good, but I was disappointed by two things. First, all of their lunch specials are supposed to include an egg roll, but there wasn't one. Second, there wasn't any fortune cookie.

The second time I went to Oriental House, I tried another lunch special -- sweet & sour crab steak. (Well, that's what the menu called it.) This time, I specified both an egg roll and a fortune cookie, and I got both.

Again, the food is good. I learned the hard way that they included bell pepper, which I absolutely detest, and I spent quite a bit of time picking it out. I'll have to remember to specify no bell pepper next time.

And of course, there was the fortune:

"You are open-minded and quick to make new friends."

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0032 . . . CLOSE

No comments: