Monday, April 20, 2009

The Silence Of Thunder

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0064 . . . OPEN:


Another Saturday night, and as the old song goes, I ain't got nobody. Of course, part of that is because as usual on a Saturday night, I was at work.

I thought this past Saturday night would be a relatively peaceful one. With Thunder Over Louisville going on, and some 700,000 people downtown, I was hoping that things would be rather dead at work. Well, it was on the quiet side, but not quite as quiet as I hoped it would be.

Fortunately, I went by Oriental House before I clocked in to get dinner. I wasn't feeling particularly adventurous, so I went with something I had tried before, the Hong Kong chicken.

The fortune in Saturday night's fortune cookie is giving me a feeling of deja vu. I have this feeling that I have seen this one before. At the moment, though, I can't recall if I have posted it in an earlier entry:

"You will be successful in your work."

I'll have to go back through my past entries to see if I have encountered this fortune before.

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0064 . . . CLOSE

2 comments:

ISABLOG DU said...

I can't remember when's the last time I had a fortune cookie but if I could ever come across a fortune twice - that would be it.

Janus said...

If you read my entry for January 9 ("Double-Take"), you'll read about the time when I did get a fortune that I had previously encountered.