Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Double Your Fortune

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0035 . . . OPEN:


I tried another lunch special at Oriental House last week. This time, it was the Chicken Subgum Chow Mein. Before ordering, I asked what the difference between subgum chow mein and plain old chow mein was. The lady at the register told me, but at the moment, I'm drawing a blank on what it was. I also asked if it had bell peppers in it (it did), and remembered to ask them not to put any in my order.

The food was good, as I have come to expect from Oriental House. Nice-sized chunks of chicken and plenty of vegetables, with cashews sprinkled on top nof it all.

I was a little surprised when I saw my fortune cookie. Due to some packaging error at whatever plant made these fortune cookies, I had two cookies in one package. And with two cookies, you get two fortunes:

"Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important."
"Someone will invite you to a Karaoke party."

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0035 . . . CLOSE

No comments: