Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Weekend Fortunes

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0037 . . . OPEN:


I usually work Friday and Saturday evenings. And it's becoming more and more the case that I get dinner at Oriental House, usually just before I clock in. I'm still working my way through the lunch specials, although I think I have a few that are starting to shape up as favorites.

Last Friday, I tried the bourbon chicken. As I mentioned in an earlier entry, this seems to be a locally inspired dish. It's grilled chicken in a bourbon-flavored sauce. Oriental House's sauce is one of the sweeter versions of the sauce that I've tried. Maybe a little sweeter than I prefer, but it's still good. And the fortune with Friday's fortune cookie said this:

"Happy event will take place shortly in your home."

Saturday, I tried the chicken with garlic sauce. This is one of their dishes listed as "hot and spicy," but I asked them to make it on the mild side for me. It wasn't that bad in the mild version, and I might even try it with the medium spiciness next time. The chicken and vegetables were in a wonderfully garlicky sauce -- and I love garlic. Saturday's fortune was this:

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar."

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0037 . . . CLOSE

No comments: