Saturday, March 7, 2009

Fortune Blast From The Past

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0041 . . . OPEN:


After spending the past couple of weeks trying every variation on the chicken with garlic sauce, I decided that it was time to go back to checking the other lunch specials at Oriental House. Last night, I went for the sweet and sour pork.

It wasn't that different from the other sweet and sour dishes that I've ordered from Oriental House. Just a different meat from what I've had previously. I remembered to have them hold the bell pepper. And I've discovered that the best way to eat the rice with any of the lunch specials is to eat the main dish, then mix the rice into the sauce that remains. (Makes less of a mess that way.)

The fortune that came with last night's fortune cookie was short, sweet, and too the point:

"Knowledge is power."

I think I learned that one from Schoolhouse Rock, many years ago.

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0041 . . . CLOSE

No comments: