Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pushing The Envelope

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0040 . . . OPEN:


Last Saturday, I decided to throw caution to the wind. After trying the chicken with garlic sauce in both the mild and medium versions, I thought I could handle the full spicy version. And that's what I ordered for dinner.

I was pleasantly surprised by one thing when my order came out. The hostess who took my order made certain that there was a fork in the bag. It's nice to know that she remembered the time I didn't get a fork (of course, she probably remembers because I'm becoming something of a regular).

I didn't have a problem with the full spicy version. I think I may have noticed that it was little spicier than what I ordered before, but it wasn't enough to make my tongue feel as though someone had set it on fire.

This week, though, I think I will be trying something else when I get my takeout. I think I still haven't tried about half the list.

And I'm still thinking about the fortune that came with Saturday night's fortune cookie. I think this one might apply to me more than I realize:

"It is more difficult to judge oneself than to judge others."

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0040 . . . CLOSE

No comments: