Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lunch On The Run

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0076 . . . OPEN:



I tried someplace new for lunch this afternoon. It's not too far from where I live. It's China #1. Now, that's not to be confused with China 1. China 1 is in St. Matthews, more or less at the intersection of Breckenridge and Shelbyville Road. China #1, on the other hand, is in Beuchel, right next to the Bashford Manor Kroger.

Now, while these are two completely different places, they are quite similar. Their menus and prices are about the same. Both places are more for people wanting to get takeout than for sitting down to eat (limited seating at both).

I happened to be near China #1 when I realized that I was starting to feel just a little hungry. It was the closest place, and I was in the mood to give it a try.

As is usually the case when I try a Chinese place for the first time, I went with my default order, the shrimp lo mein. They do a respectable job with it. They had plenty of shrimp in my order, and from my point of view, that's the most important thing.

And of course, there was the fortune cookie. Here's my fortune for today (or at least for my lunch):

"No profit grows where there is no pleasure to be had."

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0076 . . . CLOSE

No comments: