Monday, June 8, 2009

Back To The Fortunes

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0079 . . . OPEN:


Most of last week, my lunchtime urges were satisfied by Jimmy John's, Subway, and Calistoga Artisan Sandwiches. All very satisfying, all very tasty . . . but unfortunately, none of those places put fortune cookies in with their sandwiches.

On my way to work Saturday, though, I decided that I wanted Chinese, and I went to China 1. (At the time, it was the closest place.) I decided on a a shrimp lo mein combination. Basically, it's the same as their lunch specials, except that China 1 only offers the lunch specials until 3:00 PM. And you guessed it, by the time I got there, it was after 3:00.

The combination was shrimp lo mein, pork fried rice, and an egg roll. As I have mentioned before, China 1's fried rice is a little heavier on the onion flavor than I usually prefer, but it wasn't too bad. It was tasty, it was filling, and that was the most important thing. I think I was even able to eat my meal in less than an hour.

Rounding out the meal was the fortune cookie. Here's what the fortune said:

"Your determination will bring you much success."

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0079 . . . CLOSE

No comments: