Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Twin-Fortuned Cookie

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0083 . . . OPEN:


Yesterday, I grabbed takeout from China 1 on my way to work. I decided to go for something a little different, and I ordered the honey chicken combination. It's something they serve as one of their lunch specials, but as I mentioned the last time I ordered from China 1, those are unavailable after 3:00 PM, and it was almost 6:00 when I placed my order.

From what I can tell, the honey chicken is batter dipped chunks of chicken, sinilar to how chicken is prepared for sweet and sour chicken. It was served with some sort of honey sauce, which could be get on the overly sweet side if not handled correctly.

The meal also came with fried rice. The remaining sauce could have been a little on the too sweet side, but mixing it with some soy sauce and hot mustard cut the sweetness just a little.

The big surprise came with the fortune cookie. The cookie contained two fortunes -- rather like an egg that has two yolks, I suppose. I suppose it would have been strange if the two fortunes had been identical, but they were different. Fraternal rather than identical twins, you might say. And here is what those fortunes said:

"You are original and creative."
"You are talented in many ways."

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0083 . . . CLOSE

No comments: