Friday, July 17, 2009

Million Dollar Fortune?

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0088 . . . OPEN:


I turned on the TV this morning, and I happened to catch part of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. I caught it just as a new contestant came on, and I wanted to see how well he would do, so I kept watching.

At one point, Meredith Viera was interviewing the contestant, and he mentioned that after he got the call from Millionaire that he was a contestant, he and some friends went to a Chinese restaurant to celebrate. And according to the contestant, this is what his fortune cookie said:

"You are going to come into a large sum of money."

Now, this makes for a good story, but part of me has to wonder if this guy was stretching the truth just a little. That's almost too big a coincidence. On the other hand, he is going to get at least a decent sum of money. When this particular episode ended, he had just answered (correctly) his 10th question, which guarantees him at least $25,000.

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0088 . . . CLOSE

No comments: