Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sandwiching Fortunes

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0092 . . . OPEN:


A couple of weeks ago, I was running a few errands before the monthly meeting of my local SF club. One of the last things I did on my way was to swing by China #1 to get some lunch.

I ordered one of the lunch specials, mainly because it was lunchtime, and it was the best value. This time, I ordered the shrimp egg fu yung.

When I got home, I decided to do a little experimentation. I grabbed a couple of slices of bread, and used one of the pieces of egg fu yung to make a St. Paul sandwich. I didn't add anything else at the time -- just the bread and the egg fu yung. I just wanted to get an idea a general idea of this sandwich.

Interesting concept, really. I'll have to keep this in mind the next time I order egg fu yung. I may have to get a little creative with what else to put in the sandwich.

My friend Linda had told me that China #1 was the place where she had acquired all of the fortune cookies that she had given me. I could see what she meant when I got home. When I opened the bag, I found three fortune cookies inside. Now, she may have needed only one fortune cookie per meal, but I don't mind if I get more than one.

Originally, I was going to write about this the following day. But I placed the fortune cookies where I would easily find them -- and, of course, I quickly and promptly managed to misplace them. It wasn't until earlier today that I rediscovered where I had placed them. And now, here are those fortunes:

"With integrity and consistency -- your credits are piling up."
"You display the wonderful traits of charm and courtesy."
"You have an important new business development shaping up."

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0092 . . . CLOSE

No comments: