Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wok Around The Clock

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0091 . . . OPEN:


Yesterday, I found myself in the mood for Chinese for dinner, and near a restaurant I hadn't tried before. The restaurant in question is King Wok, which is in St. Matthews. It's a little off the beaten path for me; I only discovered it a few months ago after The Zone moved to the same shopping center.

Well, I went by The Zone yesterday looking for a couple of comics. I realized that it would probably be a good idea to eat before I went to work, as opposed to trying to eat in between customers. (It turned out to be a smart choice.) I had been meaning to give King Wok a try, and I decided that now would be as good a time as any.

I went with my fallback -- a shrimp lo mein combination platter. As I think I've mentioned once or twice, you would have to really try to screw up shrimp lo mein.

They didn't screw it up. Plenty of shrimp. The combination platter came with fried rice and an egg roll. The fried rice had a little more onion in it than I prefer, but it was tolerable.

When I first looked, I didn't have a fortune cookie. I was eating at the restaurant, so I went back to the counter. When I asked the guy at the counter for a fortune cookie, he gave me two. Here is what the fortunes inside those cookies said:

"Go for the gold today! You'll be the champion of whatever."
"No job is so simple that it cannot be done wrong."

Hmmm . . . that first fortune sounds tailor made for John Scalzi.

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0091 . . . CLOSE

No comments: