Thursday, June 18, 2009

Jumbo Lunch

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0084 . . . OPEN:



As often as I grab Chinese takeout for lunch at work, you might think that I would want to steer clear from any and all restaurants serving that cuisine on my day off. Well, you would be wrong.

I had lunch this afternoon at Jumbo Buffet. I was in the mood for sushi, especially when I realized that it had been several months since I had any. I would say that there are at least five Asian buffets that serve sushi that are within a reasonable distance from where I live. I also couldn't remember when the last time I ate at Jumbo Buffet, so it was as good a choice as any.

The sushi was good. I would have preferred more nigiri sushi choiices, but it might been a matter of timing. I might have been there when the restaurant thought people might want more maki sushi.

And I did make selections other than the sushi. I even picked a few things that I suspect are more inspired by American cuisine than any Asian cuisine. Things like green beans and corn. For the record, you can eat both with chopsticks. The green beans are quite easy to eat with chopsticks, albeit one at a time. The corn . . . takes a little more patience.

And with the bill, the server brought my fortune cookie. Here's what the fortune said:

"You have a friendly heart and are well admired."

JANUSFILES2 . . . ENTRY #0084 . . . CLOSE

No comments: